Sentence-Exercise /Class-5-6-7-8 / New St. Mery English School

Sentence Exercise

Arrange the following group of words to make complete sense.
1. Flower beautiful a rose the is.
……………
2. Dog a pet is animal.
……………
3. Dancing peacock the is.
……………
4. Umbrella pretty my is very
……………
5. Anya friend best my is.
……………
6. Doing Sohan homework is his.
……………..
7. Love toys children
…………..
8. Doctor medicine us gives the.
…………….
9. National Lion animal is the.
…………….
10. The sky in fly airplanes.
……………..
11. bird a lives nest in a
12. health is good milk for
13. I bicycle have a new
14. Ravi kites flies
15. Preety is girl a Ritu
16. likes to eat sandwich she
17. hen a baby called is a chick
18. Saurav his opens present birthday
19. Rohit an icecream buys
20. Komal shopping fond is of

Rewrite the following sentences using two rules of the sentence (Capital Letter and full stop).
1. a balloon is full of air
……………
2. India is my country
……………….
3. fish live in water
………………
4. the sun rises in the east
………………
5. the cow gives us milk
………………..
Match the beginnings with the endings to make complete sentences.
1. Delhi is                                seven days.
2. The Taj Mahal                   capital of India.
3. Vidhi Is                                is in Agra .
4. A week has                         flies in the sky.
5. An Aeroplane                     singing a song.


Identify the type of sentence. 

 ( assertive sentence , Imperative sentence, Interrogative sentence or Exclamatory sentence )

1. How well she sings!
2. What is your name?
3. Did I say anything to make you angry?
4. What is your name?
5. Who told you this?
6. She is a successful writer.
7. It is raining cats and dogs.
8. I want to become a writer.
9. She does not eat meat or fish.
10. Go at once.
11. Bring me that file.
12. My mother makes delicious cookies.
13. Get lost.
14. Fetch me a glass of water.
15. Please be seated.
16. Sit down.
17. She writes with her left hand.
18. What a tragedy!
19. How beautiful she is!
20. I have two sisters.
21. How ridiculous this is!
22. I have lost my way.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment